Burnsville Criminal Lawyer
If you have been accused of a crime, you probably have important questions to ask. To set your mind at ease, you need answers from a trusted attorney.
I am Howard Bass, a Burnsville-based criminal defense attorney committed to providing my clients with an aggressive defense. For more than 30 years, I have represented clients charged with felony, gross misdemeanor, misdemeanor and petty misdemeanor crimes in state and federal courts, and at the trial and appellate levels.
Powerful Twin Cities Defense for Criminal Charges
I handle state and federal criminal cases, ranging from felonies to petty misdemeanors, including:
- Drug crimes: I have extensive experience handling both state and federal drug crimes cases.
- Sex crimes: A conviction for sex crimes can result in imprisonment and registration as a sex offender.
- Theft, fraud and white collar crimes: Known as crimes of deception, theft, fraud and white collar crimes can lead to serious long-term penalties.
- Violent crimes: If you have been accused of domestic violence, assault or homicide, it is important that you contact a criminal defense attorney immediately.
- OFP and HRO defense: I provide strong defense against an order for protection or harassment restraining order.
- Appeals and post-conviction relief: If you have been convicted of a crime, there are still legal options available to you. We also provide writs of habeas corpus for those who have been wrongfully detained.
- Probation violations and expungements: I work hard to assist those who have been accused of probation violations and to expunge the records of those who have paid their debt to society.
- Juvenile crimes: A conviction for a juvenile crime can lead to lifelong consequences.
- Forfeitures: If your assets have been confiscated by the government, I can help you recover them.
- Drunk driving: Whether you have been charged with misdemeanor, gross misdemeanor or a felony DUI/DWI charge, I can help you protect your rights and freedom.
- Civil liberties: I can also help protect your rights if your civil liberties such as freedom of speech have been violated, or if you have been falsely arrested.
If you are under investigation or if you are facing charges, remember to speak with an experienced lawyer before talking to the police. Contact my Burnsville defense firm to discuss your case and learn about your options during a free initial consultation.
Recognized Defense Lawyer Serving Minneapolis
Minnesota Law & Politics has routinely selected me for inclusion on its list of Super Lawyers and, in April 2006, listed me in its “Top 40 Criminal Defense Super Lawyer” standings. Minnesota Monthly named me as one of the “Best Criminal Defense Lawyers in Minnesota” in May 2006. Since 2004, I have been included as one of “The Best Lawyers in America.”
Contact Me — I’m Ready to Help
I accept credit cards and am conveniently located on County Road 42 in Burnsville, just three miles west of highways 35W and 35E. Evening and weekend appointments are available upon request.